Why Not Make Your Own Halloween Cards?
‘Happy Halloween!’ Shrieked The Witch From Her Broomstick…
Would you like to make your own Halloween cards? This site has a whole section dedicated to Halloween card making ideas!
Check this Halloween card idea for example: A wonderful greeting card design of a witch riding off on her broomstick, into the night with a full moon.
Here’s what you’ll need and how to make this Halloween card…
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
To make this card you will need the witch and moon images, and blackish-grey patterned Halloween backing paper, which can be found in our Printable Halloween Card Making Kit here…
You Will Need:
- A plain folded black or white card (C6)
- The witch image, the moon image, and the blackish-grey patterned Halloween backing paper from the Printable Halloween Card Making Kit here…
- Spare card
- Craft knife
- Spray on glue (I used 3M’s Spray Mount)
- A soft pencil (e.g. B as opposed to HB)
- Gold embossing powder
- Clear or black embossing pen & heat tool
How To Make Your Own Halloween Cards…
- Print it out! Open up the Halloween Card-Making E-kit [the what?]and print out the pages that contain the images of the witch and the moon . Also print out the page which contains the blackish-grey Halloween backing paper.
- Spray-glue it! Spray glue the witch sheet onto some card.
Tip: You can skip this step if you prefer to print the witch sheet directly onto card instead of paper.
- Cut it out!
- Carefully cut out one large witch and one large moon shape from your print-outs.
- Place your folded card onto the back of your blackish-grey Halloween backing paper, and draw around it. Then cut out the rectangle from the blackish-grey Halloween backing paper.
- Spray glue it!
- Spray glue the backing paper onto the front of your card.
- Then spray glue the moon cut-out onto the front, positioning just below the top.
- Transfer it! Open up your favorite Word Processing software and find a ‘spooky’ looking font. Type in ‘Happy Halloween’, adjust the size, and print it out.Using your soft B pencil, scribble hard onto the back of the ’Happy Halloween’ slogan you printed out. Then flip it over, position it on the bottom of the front of your card, and outline the slogan with a ballpoint pen, pressing fairly hard. Because the pencil led is shiny, you should just about be able to see the outline on your card, once it’s been transferred.
- Emboss it! Next you need to emboss the slogan on the front of your card. Draw over the phrase with your black embossing pen in stages, so that you can sprinkle on the gold embossing powderbefore the ink dries. Use the gold embossing powder and your embossing heat tool to emboss the design onto your paper and card as you go along.
- Foam squares! Fix some foam square to the underside of the witch cut-out and stick into place, over the moon.
And voila! Now you know how to make your own Halloween cards! And…
… the great thing about the Halloween Card-Making E-Kit is that you canprint out as many images and backing papers as you want, so you can make this card design over and over again, and send it to all your friends and family!
Other Card Making Ideas You Might Like…
- Handmade Card Making Ideas – Make Greating Cards
- Make Your Own Wedding Place Cards
- Mothers Day Cards I Can Make
Category: Make Your Own Halloween Cards