Personalized Baby Pink 3D Butterfly Design
This site brings you lots of pretty handmade card making ideas.
This particular greeting card is a beautiful baby pink 3D butterfly card design. It’s perfect if you want to make some cards for newborn babies.
Here’s how to make this pretty handmade card making idea…
Difficulty Level: Intermediate (knowledge of embossing powder needed)
You Will Need:
- A plain folded white card (C6)
- 1 silver gel pen
- Light and mid-pink tissue paper
- Pink glitter paper
- A small- and mid-sized butterfly punch
- Silver lined seed beads
- Clear embossing pen
- Holographic embossing powder
- Embossing heat tool
- PVC glue
- Carbon paper
Steps For Making This Handmade Card Making Idea For A New Baby
- On your computer: Open a word processing package up (like Word) and type out the name of the baby. Select a font you like – I used a handwriting style font. Adjust the size of the font (so that it will fit centrally across the width of your card, with space either side) and then print it out.
Tip: Don’t like the fonts on your computer? Download some fonts and install them in the ‘Fonts’ folder in your ‘Control Panel’ (Windows).
- Transfer: Get your card and place the carbon paper on top of it (face down). Then place your print-out over the top. Make sure it’s positioned correctly on the card and then draw over the phrase with a pen. Alternatively, you can just copy the font style (freehand) onto the card with a pencil.
- Embossing the name: Draw over the phrase with your clear embossing pen in stages so that you can sprinkle on the embossing powder before the ink dries. Use the holographic powder and your embossing heat tool to emboss the design onto the card as you go along.
- Dot: Once the embossed name has set, carefully dot along the embossed letters with your silver gel pen.
- Punch: Using your mid-sized butterfly punch, punch 3 butterfly shapes from the light pink tissue paper and one from the pink glitter paper. Using your small-sized butterfly punch, punch 3 butterfly shapes from the darker pink tissue paper.
Tip: If you don’t have punches then draw a small and a mid-sized butterfly shape, cut them out, and use them as templates.
- Fold: Fold the mid-sized butterfly shape made of pink glitter paper, so that you create a crease down its middle.
- Glue: Stick the rest of the butterflies onto the card with PVC glue. Leave to dry.
- Emboss the butterfly outlines: Draw over the butterfly outlines with your clear embossing pen in stages so that you can sprinkle on the embossing powder before the ink dries. Use the holographic powder and your embossing heat tool to emboss the designs onto the card as you go along.
- Glue 3D butterfly: Put a thin line of glue along the crease of the folded pink glitter butterfly shape (underside) and then carefully position the crease over the mid-sized tissue paper butterfly already stuck to the card (just by the embossed name). Leave to dry.
- Glue beads: Add thin lines of glue along the centres of each of the mid-sized butterflies (including the 3D one you’ve just made) and stick a line of silver-lined seed beads along them.
And voila! The new handmade card making idea for baby, comes to life!
What’s Your Spin On This Card Idea?
There are lots of different new baby cards you can make based on this design. Why not play around with the positioning of the butterlies, the font style and the color of the butterflies to add your own personal touch?
Other Card Making Ideas You Might Like…
Category: Handmade Card Making Ideas For A Newborn Baby